Happy Labor Day weekend, everybody! We've all been working hard for the first two weeks of school. What are you going to do to relax and unwind? I know I’m looking forward to having some fun. If you have plans already, I hope that they include some of the activities that are going on all over the SU campus. Below are 5 amazing ways you can have the BEST Labor Day Weekend yet!
1. Come play with us at Wet and Wild Field Day – WWFD, as it is affectionately called by its planners, is a wet and messy, sudsy, painty, crazy afternoon filled with fun for you and your fellow Mustangs. Come out to the Apartment Quad on the Owings Mills campus and join MAP for a soaker of a good time. You will find a 65’ high waterslide, inflatable slip and slide, FOAMAPALOOZA foam dance party, a dunk tank to mess with your friends, loads of wet and messy field games, and THE COW truck will make a visit as well! The more you play, the more tickets you get and then you can get items like WWFD T-shirts, towels, water guns, water balloons and more! The best thing is, it’s all FREE! WWFD is on Friday, September 4 from 2 to 5 pm on the Apartment Quad. Bring your ID, wear something that’s okay to get wet, and be ready to rock it.
2. Movie on the Quad: Jurassic World – This is the second Movie on the Quad event for SU this year, and will feature the summer blockbuster JURASSIC WORLD starring one of my favorite actors, Chris Pratt. Don’t miss watching as a hoard of dinosaurs once again wreaks havoc on another tropical paradise, this time filled with a whole bunch of tourists. It’s going to be so good. MAP will TAKE you to the movies later in the fall, but this is our last MotQ for the fall semester. BYOB (Bring your own BLANKET, silly.) and FREE popcorn all night. MotQ: Jurassic World is on Saturday night, September 5 and starts at 9:00pm on the Suites Quad.
3. Grab a shuttle and go to the Fair! –Going to the state fair is a lot of fun, but the parking is a real nightmare. Guess what? We have a solution to this problem for our SU friends. Jump on one of the three shuttles going to the Maryland State Fair at the Timonium Fair Grounds on Sunday, September 6, and your trip to the Fair is stress-free. And I mean FREE! Grab your back packs! Let’s go! Check the website for the Maryland State Fair for more details on admission pricing and activities happening on Sunday. Shuttles to the Maryland State Fair are sponsored by the SU Student Government Association and are available on a first come, first served basis. Shuttles leave from Ratcliffe at 2:00pm, 3:30, and 5:00pm. Admission is not included and is $8 at the gate upon arrival.
4. Stevenson Men’s soccer, TWO DAYS in a ROW! – A great way to spend part of your weekend is to support the SU Men’s Soccer team as they play two home games over this Labor Day weekend! The Mustangs play against Baruch College on Saturday, September 5 at Mustang Stadium, and then they play against Gwynedd Mercy University on Sunday, September 6, also at Mustang Stadium. Cheer on your home team! Both games are at 4:00pm at Mustang Stadium.
5. Get your Pinterest on: ISA is doing Tie Dye! – For the fourth year in a row the International Student Association is sponsoring a Labor Day Tie Dye event for SU students! I just know you are “dying” to come over to Rockland and make a shirt! The event is on Monday, September 7, 2015 and is for SU students only. There are a limited number of shirts available, but you can also bring your own if you would like. Get your Pinterest on and get over to Rockland on Monday, September 7 from 12:00pm until supplies run out.
I hope you have a great holiday weekend. I know I am hoping to get in some homework time to get caught up and then I’ll be here for many of these fun events with you!
See you soon,
This blog is authored by many, including MAP officers, programmers, and advisors!